Saturday, August 29, 2015

37. Appy

“There’s one phrase in the movie Robo ‘This love is not against nature, it’s just new to it’” said Chappie

“But clicking pics of a girl you barely know is just creepy” I argued

“Dude. Trust me… This will work …”


There are three ways people treat rules
  • use them to manipulate others
  • get manipulated, and
  • stand-up to them and change them eventually
Chappie proclaims to be the third type.


I first saw her in the turtle walk along the beach. As she was running behind the baby turtles, the turtles inside me started sky-diving. But like usual, when it comes to the actual speaking, Mr.Macho inside went into his shell.

But luck does sometime smile on poor souls. I met (saw) her again, this time on my way to office in the metro station. Since I had been to Friday night party the previous night, I was late by an hour that day. ‘Why can’t they start office at 10.30 every day?’ I fumed.

I started late for office the entire week hoping to meet her, with no avail. But saw her again that Saturday. This continued for a couple of months and I could gather nothing about her. That’s when Chappie gave his illuminating idea.



Chappie had developed this app that could trace anyone based on information you give, like when & where you see them, perceived age, complexion etc.

“There’s a market for this app, esp. among Romeos like you” he said. “I have narrowed down her to among 124 PYTs. Just take a snap of her, I’d tell her entire bio-data”

I did the same next day and whatsapped him.

Bang came his call (So fast?? Should be a great app)

“Dude, that’s my sister” he disconnected without waiting for a reply

0 comments:

Post a Comment