Sunday, January 30, 2011

13. One wrong move

Real love, they say, always starts with one wrong move at the right time


So axiomatically, when you make all the wrong moves all the times, doesn’t probability make sure that, at least one such move, lands up at the right time? Sadly, for poor me, that ill-fated right time has forgotten to take a break from its long vacation.

This was not the case always. There was a time when I used to think that I knew how to deal with the fairer sex and I had some sort of theories about’em

“Always”, people who knew me would tell

Unfortunately, the theories proved wrong a couple of times, and I got into a situation where I knew it couldn’t get any worse. But, I was wrong, it got much worse and reached to what one would call rock bottom.

Now here’s rock-bottom me explaining you about my not so rocking life



Incident 1:

She: your current status in Gtalk is really good

Me: Thanks

She: Really sweet and romantic… you wrote it yourself??

Me: No. It was from a poem written by my friend’s girlfriend for him. We are just posting different verses from it to make fun of him

Call that too much of honesty, nevertheless it was a wrong one any time



Incident 2:

Me: Machi.. look at the girl at entrance, really cute. Must be a fresher

Ramki: Shut up

Me: Why act so weird, you don’t like her?

Ramki: Don’t you have anything else to talk?

Me: What happened to you? Look, she is coming towards us, may be wants to know where the Physics lab is. My turn now

The girl: Dei anna… Am looking for you all along. You are sitting here ogling at girls and mom thinks you are the prudent one in the family

Ramki: (After the girl has left) – She’s my sister Vini. And am ready to understand that the earlier conversation between us never happened

And a gang of girls nearby burst into laughter, making sure none in the college forget about the ‘entrance incident’ – Universal Wrong move



Incident 3

At the Physics Lab

Damy: Dude! Why don’t they do any experiments? Anyway the prof gives us about a mark less (out of 10) than her for the work she copied from us

Me: Two things which you don’t have

Damy: What do you mean? (signaling me to see behind)

I find her staring at me like Kannagi’s second cousin

Me: (I continue as if I haven’t noticed her) Your name in the prof’s good books and ability to convince him

Incident 3a (a few minutes later)

Lab incharge: What are you doing?

She: The experiment mam. Why?

Lab: That’s what the two guys do. What are you doing?

She looks embarrassed and turns to us for help, only to find me and Damy sharing a smirk between us

‘Get your name in the scumbags list’ wrong move



Incident 4

Ragu: Why would anyone want to be with him? I don’t understand the luck Gilli has with girls

Me: Cos he’s filthily rich, ten times more handsome looking than you are, and he almost does magic behind the wheels of his new BMW

Ragu: But what could I do??? It’s not my mistake I was not born as Birla Tata’s natural heir

Me: Don’t worry dude, not all girls are like that.. Some choose them only for marriage

Deadly wrong move when she’s right next to your table and you know that she could hear even your faintest sniff



Incident 5

Gilli: I think I love her

Me: Who?

Gilli: (he signaled at her)

Me: So???

Gilli: Can I get an intro?

Me: … Sure

Wrong move, esp. when you know that the guy’s dad is an MP and could be the next Railway minister



Incident 6

She: That guy at the gate… do you know him?

Me: Ya.. a friend of my friend. Why?

She: I think he’s following me for about a month?

Me: And what do you expect me to do?

She: ???

Me: Ask Gilli. He might help you.

Rumour has it that the guy who himself was a local don’s son, got beaten up to hell by Gilli



Incident 7

Me: And you think politics is a job at first place?

She: But it’s definitely better than doing nothing

Me: So, you think he’s better than me?

She: He is. And unlike you, he still knows what to do in his life, and is so good at explaining them, convincingly… to people who really matter, I mean me… and also some people who are ready to invest filthily enormous amount of cash (black and white) betting on him

I can’t even get a girl, competing with this guy… how can someone try to dethrone him?



But here's the twist, the wrong move that was made at the right time... Gilli’s family had been ruling the state for almost 15 years non-stop. They got used with being the rulers for so long that someone in their family suggested prefixing the state with their Granddad’s name, before the later famous revolt, led by a broken heart, saved the day

The future generation may not believe that the all reverent revolution, that saved the nation, and its people, began just because a guy could not get to propose to his first crush… but that’s the funny thing about history, it’s made and unmade because of one wrong move, at the right time.

Now before you get into any conclusion... It’s not me… I don’t have the guts.. I can't even raise my voice against an autorickshaw driver, let alone lead a revolt... It’s the guy who got beaten up by Gilli for ogling at his girl interest



Incident 'n' (after n-1 number of wrong moves and turns)

My Gtalk caption reads: Real love, they say, always starts with one wrong moove at the right time

She: If it’s true, then you have made all the wrong mooves …

Me: Thanks. Have corrected the spelling for ‘moves’

She: (signed off)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Machi, its too difficult for me to understand your wrong move here in the so called hi-fi english..na..na.. wrong moves !!!!!!!

But one thing i understand is that Incident 5 is a mixture of my nick name & Gani's actual, if I read it correctly. --Ganeshkumar R

Post a Comment