Sunday, December 30, 2012

28. Glucose andhadhi


Andhadhi(Tamilஅந்தாதி) is a unique kind of Tamil poetry constructed such that the last or ending word of each verse became the first word of the next verse


She always gets me high
High as any blue sky
Sky with dragon flies
Flies my every slice
Slice of sullen life
Life that’s never mine

Mine that's full of gold
Gold can't match her hold
Holding in my heart
Heart-felt little light
Light as sparrow's feather
Feathers that flock together

To-get-her is my dream
Dreams that will scream
Screaming for a while
While she whiles her time
Time that stands just still
Still as a glossy picture

Picture perfect frame
Framed my hapless form
Formed in my barren soul
Soul full of mellow
Mellow like a meadow
Meadow over the window

Window of the moment
Moment that had cement
Cement to stop my fall
Fall not for my love
Love of my life
Life that’s not so rife

Rife are the rumours
Rumours that'll humour
Humour that's gentle
Gentle to my lady
Lady of my town
Town that's my own

Owns me all her-self
Self life in her lil shelf
Shelf under water
Water full of thirst
Thirst that will last
Last until am lost

0 comments:

Post a Comment